Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs 2010 in Gift Wrap
From the Maker:
The launch of a new vintage of Dom Ruinart is always quite an exceptional moment. It is the most accomplished expression of a great Blanc de Blancs. Since the release of the first Dom Ruinart cuvée in 1966, only 27 vintages of Dom Ruinart have been presented to the public.
The year 2010 is characterized by a very cold winter, an early summer and a rainy August. During the base wine tasting after harvest, the oenological team realized the 2010 chardonnay was marked with an intense richness and showed the promise of a great vintage.
For Dom Ruinart, the Maison only selects chardonnay from exceptional terroirs, mostly grand cru.
90% of our chardonnays are chosen from the Côte des Blancs (Le Mesnil-sur- Oger, Avize, Chouilly & Cramant), the heartland of this variety, with easterly exposure; and the other 10% are from the north-facing Montagne de Reims, particularly the grand cru sites of Sillery, the Maison’s historic vineyard.
The Chalk Wrap:
In 2020, Ruinart revolutionised its packaging with the new "Second Skin" case, which replaced the unitary boxes. This sustainable innovation required two years of research and development.
Dom Ruinart’s chalk wrap offers a new interpretation of this innovation. Velvety soft to the touch like chalk, with its gentle reliefs and crevices crisscross, as if carved directly into chalky rock.
A hand-applied gold marking enhances its exceptional character. The discreetly engraved 1729 on the fastening button indicates the heritage of Maison Ruinart, the world’s first champagne House.
About the Maker:
Founded in 1729, Ruinart is the first established champagne house in the world, born from the ambition of Dom Ruinart’s true enlightened mind. His vision made him perceive before anyone else the potential of sparkling wines from the Champagne region. Each of Ruinart’s cuvées bears the distinctive signature of Chardonnay, the House’s emblematic grape variety. Elegance, refinement, purity, light and distinctive taste make Ruinart a timeless and modern icon.
Ruinart Blanc de Blancs is the emblem of the House, and it is the perfect expression of the Ruinart taste. It is comprised of 100% Chardonnay grapes grown primarily with Premiers Crus from the Côte de Blancs and Montagne de Reims terroirs, both prized for their aromatic finesse.
|Dosage:||4.5 g / L|